Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Traveling isn't easy

Traveling is not easy. Period.

Especially for the health/fitness nut. Especially when you're a passenger in a co-worker's car and have no escape into the world to find HEALTHY food. At the moment I'm considering calling a taxi to take me to a grocery store & handing my employer the receipt--they did say everything would be reimbursed!!

When we first arrived this morning, the so-called continental breakfast was a granola bar. That's it. What happened to breakfast is the most important meal of the day? A granola bar is not going to get me anywhere.

Disclaimer to this rant; I was smart & brought a bag of dry foods, some oranges, strawberries, a jar of peanut butter, cans of soup, and some jello cups. So I do sort of have back-up, but it's not quite convenient.

So anyway, back to the crap food that this hotel serves...I'm here for a two day IRA seminar by the way. (I'm a bank-teller by day). For lunch they served some pasta salad (PASS), salad with lettuce only. No spinach, no tomatoes, no cucumbers, just green lettuce. Gee thanks, oh and double thanks for the one choice of fatty dressing. They also served pizza and soup.

So I took some plain green lettuce, a slice of pizza and took the cheese off the top, just ate the bread part, and two cups of the SALTY-ASS-SOUP. Holy moly I've had my sodium intake for the month!

Mean while, I'm observing everyone else in the room. Wow, is the fact that soda has empty calories and an unnecessary amount of sugar not common knowledge? I'm amazed at how many people can suck down 3,4,5 cans of soda. It actually grosses me out. If those people quit soda, they'd probably lose 10 pounds in one year. Maybe more.

Besides the soda, they all took dessert. I'm not being the dessert police, but when you're at an IRA seminar and sitting for 4 hours at a time, I'd advise to pass on the cookie. That's just my opinion though, of course I don't know anything about their regular diets, how much they workout, etc, etc.

So after the seminar I headed down to their fitness center. There was one guy in there, we were both chatting while on the treadmill. For some reason I thought that if I changed the channel on my treadmill it would change all of the channels, so I suffered through the sports channel YUCK!!! Because of this, I ran faster because I wanted to get it over with, thus making it only 3 miles. What are the odds that he left after I finished 3 miles?

But I suppose it was a good thing, because I am long overdue on my strength training. I did some core exercises that made me go "OoouUUuucccCCchhh!!", but in a good way of course.

And now I'm blogging about it. I have another day of obstacles tomorrow. I can manage though, I'm strong willed & don't give in to CRAP!!

1 comments:

Yum Yucky said...

Your company should offer you worker's comp for this disgusting food ordeal. Blah!

And yes, get reimbursed for those groceries. Unless being forced to eat crap food in is your job description?

Post a Comment