Saturday, February 6, 2010

It was better than a rum & coke

Today was my long-run day, 7 miles were planned. It was 22 degrees out, light snow flurries, and wind. And it felt AMAZING to be running outside again.

Running outside is what makes this love for running even exist. If I only ran on a treadmill I think I would hate it. Stride for stride today, I did not want to stop. And at mile 7 I didn't.

I ran 8 miles today! That's the longest distance that I have ever run! It was an hour and a half of pure bliss. And if you read my blog from last night I can safely say that this run was more satisfying than the rum and coke drink that I was longing for.

On the run, it was fun to wave & say hi to other runners. I got passed a few time, all by men of course. How are they so much faster, and how do they make it look so effortless? What made the run the most enjoyable was the fact that the sun was out. For those of you who have never been to Wisconsin, let me explain. The sun is very sparse during the winter. Gray skies, day after day. So to see the sun, even in the frigid cold is an inspiration alone. Oh, and Christina Aguilera made me pick up the pace at about mile 4.

All in all, I'm relieved this run was a success. This was going to be my deciding factor on whether or not to register for the half-marathon. Consider me registered.


Only in Wisconsin you will see a runner wearing shorts in February
*photo taken with my cell phone and edited with Flickr's Picnik

1 comments:

PT Girl said...

Awesome! I’m training for another half right now too and I concur with you. It’s really hard to ignore the Friday night martinis so I can get my long run in on Saturday. But definitely worth it in the end.
PTGirl

Post a Comment