Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Inspired, struggled & lessons learned.

The thought of registering for a half-marathon is still lingering in my mind. After my 6 mile run on Sunday I'm feeling pretty inspired to go for it....

Then this morning I woke up at 4AM to head to the gym for my Tuesday run. It was a struggle to get through 4 miles. Blah. In analyzing the whole scene:

1. I didn't warm up
2. I started faster quicker.

I didn't warm up because I felt like I was in a time crunch because I got there 15 minutes later than normal. When I woke up at 4:10 I hesitated, rolled over, but then realized I couldn't sleep so I might as well just get up and go. And I started faster quicker because of the time crunch that I was feeling. I wanted to get in at least 4 miles before I had to get home, shower, blow dry, style, breakfast, get dressed, & drive to work in the snow.

So lesson learned, don't hesitate, just get up & go. As of now, I'm planning on doing a long run on Saturday, hopefully at least 7 miles. Seven miles is not a reasonable goal for training. Technically 6.6 miles should be my goal. But getting to 7 is only going to take me approximately 5 minutes longer to run, so why not? Well, we shall see on Saturday I suppose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) come on.. you can do it.. :) u can do it.. you can do it!!! I'm running my first half in June.. when is your race? we'll support each other

Freak for Fitness said...

It's May 30th, PLENTY of time! :)
Problem is living in Wisconsin where outside is icy/dangerous, and treadmill can suck the life out of me! I'm going to see how I do this Saturday, I have until March 31st to register.

Post a Comment